Friday, September 28, 2018
Christianity Letter
Dear Friend,
I am writing to you concerning the thought that I am only Christian because my parents are Christians. Well, I am here to tell you that this concept is not true. I will admit that they are what got me started into learning about Christianity and theology, but it is now my responsibility to pay attention to sermons, lectures about theology, and the Bible. Doing all these can really help you find who you really are a Christian. Also listening to sermons and watching videos about theology can help you have a better understanding of what you believe in.
Now to your second question, how do I know that the Bile is true? I know that the bible is true because I trust that God would not lie about how real and important the Bible is. I can now realize that everything in the Bible is true because of my relationship with God. God had the Bible made for a very important reason, and that was for people learn and to have a better relationship with him by reading and trusting in the Bible. That is why I think the Bible is truly what Gods says it is.
Sincerely,
Josiah Corey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Frankenstein Book Report
Frankenstein Book Report The book, Frankenstein, is a science fiction horror story written by Mary Shelley. T...
-
The Great Depression Questions Question 1) what was "The Great Depression?" Answer: The Great Depression lasted from 192...
-
Whitefeather Memorial VI trophy. This is the trophy that I received for getting 2nd place in the disc golf tournament. My dad hand m...
-
7 Facts about the Seattle Seahawks. Seattle Seahawks fans have caused earthquakes before. Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman was t...
Dear Friend,
ReplyDeleteI appreciate what you wrote, and for taking the time to do so. I still have a few questions.
First, how do you know that you are not doing your own studying, or listening to podcast, or watching videos just because your parents have told you that you should? Isn't that STILL doing what your parents want you to do? What makes it 'your thing'?
Secondly, how do you know the bible is true? Could it be false?
Lastly, don't you think if you were born into a different family, with a different religion, that you would believe THAT instead of Jesus? How is this all different?
Thank you for listening and I look forward to you writing back to me.
~your friend